MormonWikia is about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (AKA: LDS Church or Mormon Church). The mission of this Wikia Project is to help everyone to gain a better appreciation of what the Mormonism is about and how it can help us grow closer to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
New in Mormon Wikia
- 18-Apr-2018: SeniorMissionary.lds.org - LDS Church launches new website to recruit Senior Couples for Service Missions.
- 16-Apr-2018: Kenyan Newspapers cover Arrival of Pres Nelson - "Mormon leader Nelson to visit Kenya amid talk of temple"
- 08-Apr-2018: Meet the new LDS General Young Women Presidency - “When you know who you are, you act differently.”
- 29-Mar-2018: Rome Temple Tours Announced - Very big temple complex, even by LDS Standards.
- 26-Mar-2018: Church changes child abuse standard - this letter accompanies a new change to General Handbook #2 that now requires all youth classes to have two deep adult leadership (church adopts BSA standards for youth protection).
April 2018 - General Conference
- 7 New Temples Announced - at the very end of conference, Pres Nelson announces 7 new temples - Argentina, India, Nicaragua, Layton, Virginia, Philippines, and Russia.
- New Ministering Program Announced to replace Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching. Follow link to see the new website.
- We Must Learn to Get Personal Revelation - First Sunday Address from President Nelson -
- Solemn Assembly formally sustains Russell M Nelson as 17th President of the LDS Church
- First Chinese and Brazilian Apostles Called in Mormonism - Ulisses Soares (Brazilian) and Gerrit W Gong (Chinese) called to LDS Quorum of 12 Apostles
- President Ballard - affirms community service (both formal and informal) as an important element of discipleship.
- Priesthood Quorums Changed - President Nelson announces major changes to structure of LDS Melchizedek Priesthood quorums. All high priests groups leaders to be released world wide. Ward and Stake PEC meetings discontinued.
Mission of the Church
- Holy Scripture
- Gospel Doctrine
- Mormon History
- Young Adults
- Arts, Music and Culture
content in the right column